03 April 2008

Daily caffeine 'protects brain'

Coffee may cut the risk of dementia by blocking the damage cholesterol can inflict on the body, research suggests.

The drink has already been linked to a lower risk of Alzheimer's Disease, and a study by a US team for the Journal of Neuroinflammation may explain why.

Except for Barako, I am not really familiar with other Philippine blends.

Hehehe.. one more reason to justify my constant craving for coffee. But then again, my filipino brain has whittled down to a stump at the end of my nervous system so guess there's nothing much to protect.

Seriously though, coffee drinking has been the major past time here in the Philippines. What with the glut of Starbucks, Seattles Best, Gloria Jean's Coffee, etc. There are even Original Philippine coffee shops like Coffee Experience, Figaro, etc. etc.

I myself am an Illy coffee person. Just got to love that brand.