20 October 2007

What's that song again?

Oh I do believe
In all the things you say
What comes is better than what came before

And you'd better come come, come come to me
Better come come, come come to me
Better run, run run, run run to me
Better come



I Found A Reason
Cat Power

Ever wonder what song is being played on a cable channel to promote Sex and the City? I believe the cable channel is ETC or 2nd Avenue (these are Philippine Cable channels by the way so I don't expect you guys outside of the Philippines to know about this but just bear with me, hehehe).

Weird but that song I think isn't even featured in the show. It's actually in the movie V for Vendetta (which coincidentally is being played on HBO Asia at this time). Just watched it and decided heck, I'll blog about the song.

Funny though, because this is just a cover. The original was done by Velvet Underground. The cover by Cat Power though has a more poignant touch to it than VU's rendition. I remember watching her on David Letterman last year.

Anyway, I like this as a rainy Philippine sunday afternoon lounging on the sofa doing the crossword puzzles with a ballpoint pen kind of song. Don't you think?

Although, in the Philippines, a rainy Philippine sunday afternoon lounging on the sofa doing the crossword puzzles with a ballpoint pen kind of day is hard to come by...