16 August 2007

Everything

"...You see everything, you see every part
You see all my light and you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And you're still here..."

Everything
Alanis Morissette

You see everything, you see every part...

I wonder if a drowning man can distinguish when he's drowning or when he's being saved. There's that split second when you think you're dead in the water floating lifelessly amidst your mistakes, fears and failures but suddenly, that bright light at the end of the tunnel is just that sun of a smile shining bright on you.

You see all my light and you love my dark...

I've gone thru a lot of changes these past months. I don't know when it's going to stop or if it has even ended already. But one thing constant amidst all this is you, Tiger. You never gave up hope in me. And you being a wee sprite of a tiger cub, you carried me.

You dig everything of which I'm ashamed...

It's comforting to know that there is someone willing to be with me INSPITE of me being me. I can be so insensitive, immature and inconsiderate at times. And I just adore the honesty, candor and understanding you give when I am that person. "You're bad..." You're mean...", "What did I do to deserve this....", the way you say it just tugs at my heart. You balance me. And I won't even mention the smile or two I see from you when I get that way. You enjoy it sometimes.

There's not anything to which you can't relate...

We all have problems. Who doesn't. And the one thing that really gets me thru the day and make me want to get up the next is your belief in me. I don't know what you see in me but the way you do, inspires me to get up and make it a better world. For us, the both of us.

And you're still here...

I know who I love. And I know where I'm loved. It's you and with you.