30 November 2005

Berenstain Bears co-creator dead

"...Stan Berenstain, who with his wife created the popular children's books about the Berenstain Bears, has died.

He was 82 and lived in Bucks County. He died in Pennsylvania on Saturday, said Audra Boltion, a spokeswoman for HarperCollins Children's Books in New York.

In more than 200 books, the Berenstain Bears, written and illustrated by Stan and Jan Berenstain, helped children for 40 years cope with trips to the dentist, eating junk food and cleaning their messy rooms..."
I remember the very first book that i liked was the Berenstain Bears. Oh and that Ellery Queen Mystery Activity Book. Too bad that I never got to buy, own, or read those two. The Berenstein Bears Book I saw over at the old Bricktown which is now Glorietta 4. I think the name of the bookstore was Bookpage or something. And the Ellery Queen Actvity Book I saw at a shop in Harrison Plaza. It was beside that Six Million Dollar Man Action Figure I also wanted. I even wrote Santa Claus for both books. I guess he never got the letter.

Hmmm... you think my life would have been different if I got those two books?