11 May 2008

Cloverfield

Real slow posts here since nothing really interesting happening. Been busy on my private blog where a lot of things are just popping up. Interesting for me, utterly boring for others. hehehe.

Anyway, just saw Cloverfield. Well, here's my take on it:

Basic Plot: Guy and friends, go to midtown Manhattan to pick up girlfriend.

General Plot: Guy and friends go to midtown Manhattan to pick up girlfriend while guy's friend videotapes the excursion.

Advanced Plot: Guy and friends go to midtown Manhattan to pick up girlfriend and the guy's friend videotapes the excursion while a monster attacks the city.

Simplified Plot: The Blair Witch Project with Godzilla.

One of the very few movies I watched that I didn't fast forward anything. It's a love it or hate it kind of movie. There's no middle ground for this. As for me, I love it. It's riveting. It's good. It's wow. Words escape me at the moment. JJ Abrams of "LOST" really pulled out the stops with this one. The effects were really top notch but it's done the way, you would experience it. It's like being there, really.

Heck, even Gabbi was glued to the screen.

I mean, literally. I'm scraping her face off of it now as I type...

Anyway, here's the trailer: