02 August 2006

Microsoft ships "Vista Industrial Design Toolkit" to PC manufacturers


...the kit basically describes Microsoft's vision of what a "Vista PC" should look like. The look features "accelerated curves" and "purposeful contrast," among other qualities. "We want people to fall in love with their PCs, not to simply use them to be productive and successful," reads the enclosed booklet. "We want PCs to be objects of pure desire..."


I wonder how long after the official launch before pirated copies and software cracks of Vista will spring up here in the Philippines.

The real question in my mind is whether it's worth switching from Windows XP to Windows Vista. I mean, I am already content with Windows XP as my operating system. Not to mention the countless PCs here in the Philippines that are still using Windows 98.