08 December 2003

EARLY BREAKFAST

I woke up real early this morning. And I mean, real early.

So it's 3 a.m. and I have the munchies. It's the type of hunger that will only be satisfied with eating something specific. This time, it's steak. What's worse, I don't have steak in the house. Hell, I don't even have enough meat in the fridge to make one meatball. There was bacon and hotdogs but that wouldn't hit the spot.

So I fired up the computer and see if I can find something to stave off this hankering for a specific type of protein. I stumbled back to an old post regarding a Chili recipe. But it was obvious that MEAT was a problem. Can't make hotdog chili. Also, time was a factor. So chili was a no go. Made a mental note to make time next week for this recipe.

Then, I remembered! A Filipino Cooking & Recipes Journal. It won the Philippine Blog Awards for Most Informative Site. So I mozied (sp?) on there and guess what I saw as it's first post? French Toast. Well, Freedom Toast if you want to be dramatic. Me, it's all the same no matter what you call 'em.

Eggs, check. Milk, check. Bread, check. Sugar, check. Cinnamon Powder, ummm... sugar would do.

So at sometime past three, I prepared French Toast. This actually reminds me of a scene from Kramer vs. Kramer when Dustin Hoffman made French Toast. No toaster this time though.

I made a total of five pieces (supposed to be eight but I oversoaked one piece). Sprinkled sugar on them and ate them all. Yup, ate them all. I was really hungry. Plus the fact that I didn't want to leave any since we all know that old french toast isn't really appetizing. I also had a cup of Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Chocolate. I was stuffed.

And the kitchen was a mess. Tess and the maids were wondering if World War III happened when they saw the aftermath this morning.

Anyway, bottom line is, after all that, I still had the hankering for steak. It's actually driving me crazy. I'm not pregnant or anything to crave but Tess might...

Oh well, made a resolution that I will have steak tonight. If ever you pass by Bargo Malate around 11pm up and see someone in the bar having a steak or something like it, chances are, it's me.