20 September 2003

WHAT TO BLOG? WHAT TO BLOG?

You know, this isn't the first time I don't have anything to post. This blog seesaws between a 'link' site to a 'personal' site. It's also a Philippine Info site 'on the side'. I kind of like how it works. Besides who reads me anyway? For the three regular readers out there, the blog seems to be ok. First of all, this is therapheutic for me. Second, I get to meet really interesting people (who I consider friends now) like cbs, ghost, etc.

The first time I did this, I didn't know what to do. It was my first... first... first....

Ummmm... OK! This is about a post of list of my firsts.

In no particular order, preference, or whatever....

1. First Movie I remember watching: Disney's Robin Hood at Rizal Theater in Makati. It's gone now but that's where the Shangrila is, I also remember the Pancake house, the cafe at Rizal, Alemars, and that cool bookshop (Forgot the name).

2. First song I remember hearing: Beautiful Sunday (?). They keep playing that on Channel 9 every sunday morning(!) when they're still off the air.

3. First Cartoon: Scooby Doo. It's tied with Wacky Races (had this big crush on Penelope Pitstop) and The Funky Phantom.

4. First Book: It was an old Elery Queen Activity Book. They had this Ellery Queen TV Show on 7 then.

5. First TV Show: Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 club! He even read my letter!!! I always preferred him over Pepe Pimentel's Clubhouse 9.

6. First Computer: Commodore 64. I was choosing between an Atari 1200 (?) or the C64. Good thing I made the right choice. Although Coleco's Adam was a distant third.

7. First Computer Game: Planetfall. It was a Text based adventure game.

8. First Video game: Asteroids. Played it in an arcade where Park Square is now.

9. First Mall: Hmmm... I think it was Harrison Plaza then it burned down (first time) or was it QUAD (Glorietta I now) ? Although in fairness, Bricktown was there first.

10. First Toy: The Six Million Dollar Man Action Figure. It had Bionic Eyes (A magnifying lens). Also, the 'Space Station' that was a promo by Coca Cola. It looked like a Helicopter Propeller with a base that flies up when you pull the string ummm... of the base.

11. First Comic Book: It was a Harvey Comicbook. Li'l Henrietta I think. Or was it Wendy Witch. I was a giveaway during one of my classmate's birthday in Kindergarden.

12. First Pet: A goldfish. It died because I kept it in the freezer that summer. Imagine the maid's look when she pulled out the Nescafe jar of ice with two frozen fish in it!

13. First Appliance Broken: It was our Television, it was an RCA, when I pulled out the Channel dial and used it for a toy then lost it. Technically the TV wasn't broken but during those times when remotes where not used...

14. First Imported Candy Bar: Baby Ruth, still my favorite up to now. Local Ones? Serg, of course.

15. First Movie I saw in the US: Firefox (on HBO); Footlose (theatre)

16. First Song I heard in the US: King of Pain (Police)

17. First Out of Town visit: Calaca, Batangas

18. First Comic Strip: Peanuts. I remember having a hard time reading them when Charlie Brown would write a letter in script. I also remember those Love Is cartoons with the naked couple.

19. First Newpaper: The Daily Express... ooops no... it was the Times Journal.

20. First Local Song: Mr. DJ

21. First Tagalog Movie: Sprakenheit (?). It was Ramon Revilla and Tange

22. First Tagalog Sitcom: Tantarangtang

23. First commercial: Charlie Balakubak.

24. First Softdrink: Sarsi. I do remember RC Cola but I think I had Sarsi first.

25. First Reaturant: Sulu in Makati or was it Hizon's in Manila? I remember first champorado in Sulu and first burger in Hizon's.

26. First non-cartoon movie: French Connection (would you believe?) with my grandparents too!

27. First movie with both parents: None, although they aren't seperated.

28. First Movie with mom: See number 1

29. First Movie with dad: Star Wars (that's why that movie is special to me, we only saw 2 movies with him. The other? THe Empire Strikes Back, of course)

30. First school: NFWC in Baclaran and I still don't know what NFWC means. The owners of the school also run the funeral parlor. Talk about Six Feet Under!

31. First real food: Kare Kare. I would've eaten others but this the first one I remember asking what it was.

32. First car-ride: My grandfather's Benz

33. First plane ride: Pan Am to the US

34. First job: Night Librarian at my grandfather's school.

35. First wallet: Plastic Wallet with the 100 Peso bill printed on it.

36. First Coloring Book: Pinocchio. The generic one, not the Disney one.

37. First Crayon: 64 Color Crayola with Built in Sharpener. Naturally it should've been the 8 color one but 64 sounds more kick ass...

38. First person I met thru this blog: Geminem (formerly known as Centrino now known as Nitro)

39. First Blog I visited: Budjette's! His was the reason I started blogging.

40. First website visited: Yahoo

41. First Email address: jobert@webquest.com, it's gone now since webquest folded up.

I could go on and on but it might get too mediocre and obscure. Anyway, I might update this list from time to time. I'm probably thinking of doing a Last list. Lists are so much fun to do.

Except for those 'To-Do' lists, of course.