04 September 2003

MTV Keeps Us Safe From The Horrors of War

MTV Keeps Us Safe From The Horrors of War


"An MTV Europe internal memo gives "guidelines" for the type of content to be excluded from its programming schedule during the invasion of Iraq..."

Can you believe this? You mean to tell me that MTV is there just to entertain? Nothing more but an electronic baby sitter to countless drones? Hmmm... I am so surprised.


*WARNING - FOOT IN MOUTH - WARNING*
Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with this. I mean, if people would want to know about current affairs, they can switch to the news. Is it MTV's responsibility to inform their viewers on the current state of things? That's what school is for.

But then again... Brittney Spears was allegedly quoted;

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
"Where the hell is Australia anyway?"

Maybe MTV should really think if they are "censoring" the right stuff...