04 September 2003

Movie Poop Shoot

If I had a Golden Ticket Ooompa, Loompa, Doopity Doo

Ok so, Johnny Depp will be playing Willy Wonka in the remake. By Tim Burton, no less! I'd bet he'd have fun playing that role but Gene Wilder's interpretation kicks major chocolate ummmm... bar none. I remember watching that movie for the first time. It was Christmas Eve (or was it New Year?) sometime 1979 (i think). Everyone was outside celebrating and I was inside watching the movie on Channel 2, when it was BBC. Not to be confused with THE BBC.

I felt like Charlie. Well, Charlie without a Grandpa Joe. Trying to get by with the few things he can afford. Trying to see the positive despite the negatives. Nothing has changed much for me. Except that I have a wonderful family who'll always be with me thru thick and thin. They are my Grandpa Joe. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Aside from Star Wars, this was the movie that influenced my life. Star Wars? It was the first movie I ever watched with my father. We only saw two, the other one? Empire Strikes Back.

We never got to watch Return of the Jedi since we already have a betamax by then.