13 September 2003

FLAT TIRES


Can't think of an appropriate title to this post so I borrowed this title from my 10th Grade English Teacher.

Anyway, Gabbi had her 6th birthday party this afternoon. She only invited her closest friends (7). NOBODY CAME. It was really dark and cloudy this afternoon and probably everyone decided not to brave it lest heavy rains come. I really felt for her because at around 5pm, I told her that we'd better bring out the cake and blow out the candles she told me not yet because her friends are going to arrive and they just lived far.

That just took the cake.

So what I did was we played all the parlour games I had lined up. Who cares if it's just us! Statue Dance, Musical Chairs, Bring Me, Simon Says, etc; the three of us (Lulu, Gabbi, and I) played them all (Tess was talking with my in-laws) and when one of us won we'd go to the prize table and picked up a prize. So at last count, Gabbi has a Beyblade, Tiara Set, Toy Truck, and a Hello Kitty Pencil Case. Lulu won a Hello Kitty Pencil Case and the Tiara Set. I won a beyblade.

So I still have 4 lootbags and a couple of prizes here. Probably we'll open 'em up tomorrow. Just don't know about those name tags.

Sometimes Life's Ups just doesn't compensates for it's Downs.