22 August 2003

World Famous in the Philippines

'AROUND THE WORLD' AFTERNOON


Friday, August 22, sometime around 2 p.m.

I woke up with my kids jumping up and down trying to contain their excitement.

"What's the fuss all about? You woke me up guys!", I told them while I try and shake off that sleepy stupor that keeps pulling me back to dreamland.

"We went around the world! We went around the world!", Lulu and Gabbi told me in unison while jumping up and down on the bed.

Gabbi does her standard drop knee jump on my back. Suddenly reality jolts my senses as pain kickstarts the adrenalin. Self constraint, patience, and love numbs my senses almost immediately.

"Around the world?", I asked. The last memory of a forgettable dream exits stage left.

Lulu shouts out, "We went to Washington, Munich, Amsterdam!"

"Tokyo, and also New York!", Gabbi adds.

"Ok! Ok! How'd you do that?", I asked.

"Lolo! He brought us to Merville and bought cake!" They again said in uncanny unison. It seemed they were talking about names of streets.

Gabbi comes up to me and whispers in my ear,"Lolo got lost so we went around the world."

Three day weekends and kids. Don't you just love 'em.