07 August 2003

Sterling example - Aug. 07, 2003

Sterling example - Aug. 07, 2003; INQ7

"...Truth to tell, the local TV news scene has been overrun by some shallow show biz types, so Frankie and his committed ilk are now more the exception than the rule. As such, Frankie should be held up as an icon and sterling example for young media people to emulate. Lord knows, they need all of the good role models they can get, because even young broadcast news people sometimes turn in compromised work these days. So young, and already so tainted... "

Tell me about it. All you need is a bellowing voice or a cute face and voila! Neeewscaaaaster!!!

I remember Claudine in an exclusive interview during the Rico Yan death thingy. She's all crying and sobbing and the "news" person asks her, how she feels. That one is way past pathetic. I got oodles of stories like that.

Hardly anyone can rise above the likes of the veterans. Actually, no one can be qualified to be really called a journalist. Take away the idiot board (it's the teleprompter,which I don't want to call it here, where the idiot reads) and they start babbling nonsense. Their better off in Magandang Tanghali Bayan or Eat Bulaga. They will fit right in. Like a hammer to a lobotomy

They're just talking heads with humongous egos. They really believe their own crap that they come out arrogant. Maybe then they can proceed and mature into REAL JOURNALISTS? There is a chance but I'm not holding my breath. Neither should you.

Better yet, just stick to the BBC. I do. The local news is so tainted you can smell the turpentine.

But with the money they earn, I'd take that puppy to the bank and join their ilk. No kidding. I can wing it.