30 July 2003

WHAT DO YOU DO IN A DRUNKEN STUPOR?

WHAT DO YOU DO IN A DRUNKEN STUPOR?




One of the risks I have in my present job is drinking. Working in a liquor company, part of the job is going to bars and events. Frankly, I do not drink. Drink alcohol, I mean.

Last night was something else. We had a private event in Chinatown for loyal scotch drinkers. Since I was the first one there, the guests kind of sat down where I did. I offered to go to another table to make room for them. They didn't want me to move. It's as if I was automatically inducted to their circle. They were truly a nice bunch of people. They even showed me their private phone pictures of Kristine Hermosa and Aubrey Miles. To bad my phone wasn't capable of downloading them. To make a long story short, I think I consumed about three quarters of a bottle of Chivas Royal 21 year Scotch whisky.

We brought three cases!

From what I remember, I went to one of the private rooms. And stayed there during the remainder of the event. The Chivas Girls (thanks Jenny and Michelle) went in and gave me company whenever they have the time to sneak in. I also remember my office mates coming in and telling me that my newly discovered drinking buddies were looking for me. Although I was way past drunk, I still have a modicum of control of my faculties. I could remember all the conversations I had then, the things I did, the people I met.

What I hate is when the alcohol just travels through my system. It was as if, I could just combust spontaneously. The dreams I had last night was just out of a page of a Poppy Bright story. Ambiguous, weird, and down right nerve wracking!

The six words that gave me joy that night was when Mike (my boss!) came in and said, "Let's pack up and go home!". Suddenly, clarity.

Anyway, I think everyone in the office is talking about me now, how I went toe to toe with the veteran drinkers and what happened.

I'd like to thank Raj for helping me get home. I just met the guy but man! He's a true soldier. From what I remember, after there, he even had to go to a Grey Goose Vodka event. If I didn't spaz out, he's got my back there...

I think I recovered already.

Oh yeah... Where am I?