03 July 2003

BIGGER, OLDER

I remember when I was young and I really wanted to become a scientist. It was every kid's dream. Even remembered that old Ariel Ureta and Nino Muhlach show where a very young Nino said he also wanted to become a scientist when he grows up.

I asked my daughter, Lulu, "What do you want to become when you're older?"

She said, "I don't know. I wanted to become a lot of things before that I don't know what I want to be now. Remember before, I wanted to become a botanist?"

I asked, "What do you want to become now?" She paused. Then answered, "I don't know".

After constant badgering, she finally answered, "Probably a vet."

I asked my other daughter, Gabbi, what she wants to be.

She answered, "I want to be a lot of things but I'll only tell you if you let me use the computer.".

Lulu's going to be a great vet.
Gabbi's destined for bigger things.
Nino Muhlach didn't become a scientist and neither did he grow up.