05 June 2003

TEASER

Years ago (around 1999) Anna, my officemate, found out about her cousin before anyone on her side of the family did.

Our bed is against the wall. Before, I always want to sleep by the edge opposite the wall. It's easier to get out of bed that way. One night around three am, I woke u... no, I suddenly just opened my eyes. Pulled out of a forgetfull dream. My wife was sleeping soundly but I had this feeling that someone was staring at me. As I turned my head, standing next to the bed looking at me was a woman. I barely could make her out. She was like a shadow, except "whole". Like being between a dream and reality, I could "see" her in a pink colored blouse running in a garden and laughing. At the same time, I could see her in my bedroom standing beside me. She leaned forward and whispered to me..."Tell Anna her cousin just died". She turned and walked towards the door. Can't remember if she just faded or went through the door. Afterwards, I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

Her name was Rose.