30 April 2003

"...Are They Made from Real Girlscouts?"

I think I should change the title to Wide Awake in the Philippines! I already cut down on my coffee and everything but... Wonder if I can get a part time job to cover these early morning waking hours...

This confirms it. My earthquake radar has been replaced with the Terror radar. Shonayu mentioned that my headache last week pointed to the airport blast in Jakarta (is it?). Well, she was present when my 9-11 vibe went off. And that was a real wild one! Problem with this thing I have is that I'll get the feeling before it happens but I don't know where!. Pretty useless really unless I do RV but it is a loooong session...

So as Ercs has mentioned in her blog, our supplier from HK is here for a visit. Ummm.... better make sure to wear gloves and a mask. That's the least we could do... Actually, the person is NOT my supplier so Ercs, baby, ya on yo own! Do visit her site. It's kinda cool, in a cool kind of way...

TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO! TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO! TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO! 222! 222!

That's the number of site visits this blog has had in three (or is it four?) weeks. I already slashed it back to 27 before when it registered 84. I blocked my whole IP address as well as the office so my visits or my officemates won't register but I still got 222 as of today! Wow! A lot of people I owe money from must be really looking for me!

I changed the comment thing to Tags just like Gem advised. Thanks. Hope it's ok now. I also added a comment bar at the end of each log if anyone cares to put in their 56 centavos worth...

Disturbing scene at the resto this evening. Shonayu, Gomer Pyle, and I were there talking when this big burly guy started manhandling the girl he was with. And I mean choking her and stuff. It really got to all of us. I was like two steps away from standing up and stopping it. But man! That guy was HUGE! Shonayu kept telling me not to stare but it really got to me. It took management like ten minutes before they reacted but all they did was tell them to leave TOGETHER!. Great. That would really help...

Still we were catatonic for like fifteen more minutes.

I felt guilty that I did not do anything to stop it. I admit it, it was fear. I'm kinda average built. I can take on people. In fact, have been in a few fights myself. Been on the losing end more often and I knew that guy clean the floor with my face without breaking a sweat. It's different if the odds are even steven or slightly in your favor.

I asked Gomer if I could have stopped him, he said no. And it was a guaranteed ticket to the hospital for me. Let alone if he wasn't "connected" or anything then this blog would just stop with Barbie staring blankly back at you...

Then, Gomer said, together we could have brought him down. Guilt enters stage left....


On our way home from the resto, we saw the couple calmly walking in the street hailing a taxi. The girl was acting as if she didn't get her earrings slapped off her face (which did happen!). *Sigh* Made a promise to Shonayu to slap her silly if she acted that way too...