03 January 2005

NBI team leaves Sunday for Phuket

"...The team will help identify Filipinos killed in the wake of tsunamis that devastated the coastlines of Thailand and several other Asian countries last week...

Sorry if I nitpick but how will they know how to identify filipino corpses from other nationals? Also, isn't if kind of bad form to say that we're sending a team just for filipinos.

I saw one of them interviewed saying that (well, as i understood it) the priority is to identify filipinos but they'll help with other nationals as well.

I mean it is good that we're sending people to assist our countrymen there but wouldn't it have been better to say that they were going there to help in the relief operations?

ADDITIONAL

With reference to The C at's comments:

The thought of going to a place where thousands have died made me dismiss the thought that this was a junket. But then again, why Phuket? I mean, don't we have any countrymen in the other places as well?

Did they bring any beachwear? I mean during time off, they could...