30 August 2007

Heroes and Beyond Heroes

I'm hooked on Heroes, the TV series. So hooked that I have to have my Heroes fix now!

Well, for those like me, and haven't really stumbled into it, NBC released some graphic novels. Short stories that happened in between episodes. Instead of linking the official NBC site, try the Wikipedia site, I like how the layout of the chapters there better...
"This is a list of issues of NBC's Heroes webcomic, which supplements the television drama of the same name. The comics, which NBC refers to as graphic novels, are made available on their official website each Tuesday.[1] Written by the show's writers and drawn by Aspen Comics[2], they are generally 7-9 pages long, the first page of which is always an advertisement for the Nissan Versa, one of the sponsors for the series. The comics give additional character background and plot information not shown in the television episodes...."
Blame it on the Tiger. I mean, after constant badgering, I caved in. I watched Heroes. And what can I say?

Don't get me wrong, I geek out, albeit seldom. There's Firefly, Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Kevin Smith, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings (but we do know what the REAL trilogy is...) and a smattering of others. I'm mildly and I mean very mildly into Star Trek. I'm not into Lost, 24 (1st two seasons was ok... kinda have to get back into the groove.. but Nina rocks! too bad she was killed), Prison Break, Battlestar Galactica, etc. etc.

I mean, I'm very selective.

So it is a surprise that The Tiger, showed me something I really went for. Really. Hehehe.. I mean, we have Christopher Eccleston who played Doctor Who as Claude, the Invisible Man. A cameo of Stan Lee as the Las Vegas Bus Driver when Hiro and Ando parted. Even Kevin Smith (Chasing Amy, Clerks) wrting and directing an episode of Heroes: Origins. I'm hooked. I keep repeating that, don't I?

Anyway, the graphic novels are uber cool. Too bad the art isn't by Tim Sale, the guy who does Isaac's paintings and comic book. It's up to chapter 48 now and does expand on the TV series. Plus, it's free. So why not take a gander. If you are into Heroes, go check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Tell em The Tiger sent you... hehehe