24 January 2006

Famous Philippine Heroes

Listed are some famous filipino heroes (Also known in tagalog as 'Mga Magigiting na Bayani') and some not so well known ones. The bios are very well done and would be a real help to those who have to do homework on these Philippine heroes.

I'm not really familiar with some of the names here. I kind of blame it on the way Philippine History has been taught to us. I have to go back to the books and read if I really want to have a good grasp on it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but most of the heroes listed here are during the Spanish Colonial era. Nothing during World War II or the American Colonial period. I'd consider that a bit strange.

Oh well, maybe during those times there weren't any records about those forgotten Philippine heroes.

********************************************
Also check out my latest science blog: Quantum Day. It covers research material for technological breakthroughs such as stem cells, aerogels, and more!
********************************************

Agueda Kahagban Inquinto
Andres Bonifacio
Antonio Luna
Apolinario dela Cruz
Apolinario Mabini
Artemio Ricarte
Deodato Arellano
Domingo Abella
Emilio Aguinaldo
Felipe C. Calderon
Felipe Agoncillo
Francisco Baltazar
Graciano Lopez Jaena
Gregoria de Jesus
Gregorio del Pilar
Jose Rizal
Juan Luna
Ladislao Diwa
Lapu-Lapu
Marcela Agoncillo
Francisco Dagohoy
Mariano Alvarez
Marcelo H. del Pilar
Melchora Aquino
Miguel Malvar
Macario Adriatico
Rajah Soliman
Deodato Arellano
Vito L. Belarmino
Sultan Kudarat


There seems to be something wrong with the home page so I decided to post the links directly here.

Oh and here's another site that has a brief list of Filipino heroes.