14 June 2005

No one asked how Toto felt...

"...All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day...".
The Joker
Batman: The Killing Joke
Alan Moore

Reading that above quote, I think I had that day yesterday. Thing is, I don't know if it was a good day or a bad day. It was by far, an ordinary day.

I just woke up and suddenly like that guy in Office Space, Peter Gibbons, I felt different. Not bad different. Not good different. Just different. Maybe it was that phone call that previous night. More specifically the tone of the voice I heard on the other line. Not mad or nice. Just tired.

I don't know if it made me put things into perspective. Or that I just crossed the border past Kansas. Yesterday just made me look at my life as it now is, in a different light. I will still thread this path. Not because I'm forced to, but because I choose too. It's still the right path I know. It's more of a change of pace that's taking place. Wow. That rhymed.

Yes, my birthday is just around the corner. But no, this isn't that mid life crisis thing people always talk about. Heck, my life since the beginning is about crisis. Crisis I can deal with. It's those lazy monday mornings that I can't cope with.

Posted by Hello