08 September 2004

COCOON

Dang. It's been more than two months that I have crawled under a rock and hibernated.

I don't know why but I have this urge to withdraw from everything and keep to myself. Maybe this is what they call the mid-life crisis. But at 36?!!

So what's been happening lately? Well, let me see:

1. My brother's birthday was last September 5. Happy Birthday, bro! Did you get my email? Thanks for everything and I hope you had a grand time.

2. Work has been hectic lately. Everything is a blur. I move from place to place and all I can remember is the taste of Jagermeister on my lips. Well, that and Jack Daniels mixed with Iced Tea. Now THAT is a blast. I think I'm turning alcoholic.

3. The kids have been bonding more with Tess now that I'm doing the daily grind. Oops. I mean nightly.

4. Gabbi is one of the finalists in the Science Quiz Bee. She's really excited about it. Plus, it's her birthday on the 15th. Given my financial status, we'll probably be going to the budget mall.

5. I'm still driving the Russian Roulette. I call my car that since:

a. The steering column is shattered and once while driving the whole steering wheel just fell on my lap.

b. The thread on the tires are already exposed so it's just time before I experience a blow out.

c. The fan for the radiator isn't working so everytime I stop I have to turn off the engine lest it overheats. Don't even ask about the airconditioning.

d. Sliding Clutch. THat means, you have to have legs of steel to shift. Plus the fact that it doesn't latch on to the gears properly.

e. The reservoir to the radiator is leaking (I think) so I have to fill the radiator everyday.

So riding Russian Roulette everyday is a real experience. If you get my drift. SOme of you might suggest having the car repaired. The whole thing will really set me back some major cash and at this point, buying a casket for me is cheaper.

Anyway, this is all I have the energy to talk about. I am really trying to get out of this rut. Posting this is probably the first step.

Oh yeah. I also am trying to quit smoking. From three packs a day, I'm down to a pack. Dang, I'm really cranky too because of that.

Now, where's my coffee?