10 April 2004

EASTMAS

For my kids, between Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, they have Uncle Rich.

As I posted before, Gabbi was appointed the Go-Out-Master. As such, she has to do the itenarary of the day. Where to go, what to do, yadda-yadda-yadda. Check that post, it was a week ago. That day, they never heard the word "No" from us. They didn't notice it though. The kids themselves made sure things weren't over the top. We regularly checked with the Go-Out-Master what to do next. And you could see Gabbi take that position and responsibility seriously. It was a lot of fun.

Anyway, thanks to Uncle Rich, we did it last Wednesday. Everything went off without a hitch although a last minute change from the zoo to the mall was made. With the G.O.M.'s approval of course. It was Lulu and Gabbi's day.

It made me see how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family,my brother, my wife and my daughters. Last Wednesday, I appreciated what I have and made me forget my problems. Just seeing Gabbi holding a little kitty toy in her hands with her eyes bright and smiling made everything right. Lulu with her funky white pants she tried on and liked brought a smile to my heart. And also, the two kids going around blue wave with their scooter is a sight to see.

It didn't matter that we were all tired afterwards. The things we did brought us together. Being together made us stronger. The strength made us feel loved by one another. It took Uncle Rich to make me see and feel this. Thanks, bro. You're a life saver.

Next up as Go-Out-Master is Lulu. She was the G.O.M. last February and it seems she's itching to do a killer day of fun like this.