03 October 2003

FRIENDSTER: NOW IN THE PHILIPPINES

Ok, ok, probably not. I mean, Friendster has been around for awhile now but it does seem freaky that just today alone, I heard the site mentioned to me five times from different people.

And just after I signed in (jobert001@hotmail.com), Rhia asked me (thru email) if I am in Friendster! What is this thing anyway?

Is it the newest craze to hit the community after the BLOG? With Blogs, you get to write about your so-called life (which in my case, is less than zero). With Friendster, will it be with so-called friends? How different would it be with REAL life, REAL friends? Can they even be compared? Which is better? "Friendsters" or friends?

I guess the thing going for it is that you get to meet people from people who you already know. Wow.

Thinking about it, I blog and I joined Friendster for these early morning sessions when my insomnia kicks in. Let's see if I get sucked into this like what happened to Budjette.

As for friends, online or offline, you can't have enough of them.