02 August 2003

Bill Maher Weblog

POTPOURRI

1. ONE BAD BLOG

Thanks to my fave blog, The J-Walk Blog, I discovered the Bill Maher Weblog. It's so good, it's bad. Both these blogs are what I strive for. Guess I'm way way waaaaay to far from that.

2. BAD SKIES AHEAD

I just discovered that AXN has been pulled off from Destiny Cable. Ok, now this is it. I have been a loyal Destiny subscriber for the longest time. AXN was one of my favorites. I guess the evil empire has also gobbled that channel up.

I remember when Destiny was one of the few channels that supported AXN, Star, Disney. Now that they're popular, the evil empire comes in and starts buying them off the market.

That's what's wrong here in the country. There is no law protecting business from each other. If this happened somehwhere else, this I think there's a law against it.

I think I got to bite the bullet and change cable companies now.

To the evil empire, there's a special place in hell for you. I hate to be you and your family in the afterlife. Oh, and I hope you're lives are worse than the nightmares you get.


3. BAD FEELING, BAD PHONE CALL

I had a bad feeling yesteday. I felt that I shouldn't leave and go make the rounds at night. So, like the obedient psychic I am, I went home. Officemates where speculating it might be a coup.

I was wrong.

The minute I got home, I received a phone call. My wife had an accident. A good samaritan saw her faint while in the street, saw her cellphone, and called HOME.

I immediately rushed to the area. Groups of people were milling around her. Thank god, it wasn't serious.

There were two cops and a dozen people but not one of her things were taken.

Times like this make me still believe that we still have a chance.

Now, with that big bump on my wife's head and bruises on her arms, I'm sure she'll be mistaken for a battered wife. I should have taken a police report and testimonials!