13 May 2003

ACK! ACK! ACK! MONDAY! ACK!

Excuse me for a minute here.... aaauuugggghhhhhh!...*uhurm*So, like I said, I am feeling a bit uppetty.

Ack! Working in the Philippines is... surreal. It's like stepping into a Hitchcock movie with Robin Williams as your conscience. Where am I going with this? Well, it's about my day today. Started out in the morning with a meeting with a financial institution. To get there, I had to take the bus that goes the long way accross (via Buendia) rather than the shorter way (via EDSA) because that route was faster. After waiting for an hour for the dude to arrive, the meeting was finished in thirty. More than half of that was chit chat on life, the business, whatnot. Seems, my answers could have been relayed over the phone. But then again, how do you fax a kick in th... i mean how do you fax a smile?

So, after overemphasizing the meeting in the morning, I had like two hours extra before the next one with a tech company. Which was about two long blocks away. Greenbelt, actually. Greenbelt is nowhere to be hungry as a pig, sweating like a horse, and broke as a flowerpot in Mendiola. The meeting was after lunch. I left my ATM at home! I only had a hundred smackeroos. Thank god for Jamaican patties! I was so *uhurm* famished that I let the filling just sizzle down my parched throat.

Quick aside: Where are the water dispensers in Greenbelt. You know, like the ones in high school? There should be a law. Well either I'm right or that the jamaican filling just scorched the nerve endings out of my throat that I was blind from the pain. But they are so "I can kill yo momma for this" kind of good..

Where was I? Oh yeah, Greenbelt. If you look at the mall, it seems like a movie trilogy;

Greenbelt I: Made on a small budget with no name establishments but was a surefire hit.

Greenbelt II: Budget was double that of Greenbelt I and offered the same as 1 but had more special effects. Ended on a cliffhanger with that I want more kind of feeling. Cast of characters were added with name brands.

Greenbelt III: Over the top special effect with over the top casting. Leaves a blah kind of aftertaste. It seems everything was thrown together just to finish the whole series. Hey! Where are the ewoks?

Ooops but I digress. So anyway, to wind this all up. My two pm meeting was over coffee ended around three. So there I was, hungry, sweating, broke, and pissed off. Then I get a text from the office asking where I was. I distinctly remember advising my boss Friday about it, twice. Went back to the office to face...nothing.

So where am I leading up to? I want to win the lotto! oh and visit Rennes Le Chateau.