15 April 2006

The Philippines in the 70s

This post bar none just encapsulates the whole of the 1970s in the Philippines. It's a mish mash of all my memories in one ummm... post. The sites sights, the smells, even the taste of the 70's linger in every word...

Just go and take a gander. Guaranteed to trigger a torrent of memories. And that's just the first paragraph! Well, that's if you grew up in the Philippines during the 1970's. The picture posted is nothing compared to what's awaiting you behind that link.

FYI, that is the picture of Rizal Theater. That's where my mom would bring us to watch Disney movies. That's the movie house that my bro, by dad, and I watched Empire Strikes Back. I remember that to the right of Rizal Theater is Alemar's Bookstore. And the building in front to the right is the old Duty Free shop. To the left is where Pancake was. I think. That space is where the Makati Shangrila Hotel is now. And the old Duty Free shop? Well, that's the 6750 Ayala Building.

So go click and check it out while I go and see if I can snag a copy of TVJ's Palpak Connection...