11 October 2005

Movies I like





I rarely make a post about lists. But somehow, I just have this urge to post about some of my favorite movies.

As Good As It Gets - This movie just makes me feel good. I mean, no matter how imperfect (or crazy) a man is, he still gets a chance at love. I also learned to appreciate anything that is happening because that moment may be as good as it gets.

Chasing Amy - Notice a trend here? Well this one is about appreciating relationships and accepting people as who they are.

Dumb and Dumber - This one is a hoot! I like it for it's innocence.

Galaxy Quest - A rag tag team of over the hill actors reliving their past glory out to save the Galaxy? What's not to like? I've geeked out on this a lot of times.

Groundhog Day - Ever want to relive one day over and over again? How about reliving that same day over and over again for ten years? This is my ultimate Bill Murray movie.

Office Space - Ever work in a cubicle? Have a total brain dead zombie for a boss? Drank tons of coffee? Then you'd like this one

Pleasantville - Again, another movie that taught me to appreciate what's happening around. Perfect may not be good for us.

Spirited Away - It's hard to find quiet moments in a film. Specially in an animated one. This japanese cartoon just has those moments that just keeps you riveted in your seat.

The Empire Stikes Back - The best from the Holy Trilogy. Han frozen in carbonite, Luke, his hand cut off, Princess Leia in pieces, and Darth Vader lording it over. What's not to like?

The Fifth Element - One of my favorite sci fi movies. What can I say?

There's Something About Mary - Funny movie that just gets me in stitches everytime. All those goofy people surrounding one perfect person.

Unforgiven - Bar none, the best western I have seen in my life. I like the bleakness of Will Money. Sometimes I feel like him too.

There are a lot more movies that I adore but top of mind, these are the ones I keep coming back to. I've been dying to add Serenity to the list but seeing that I still haven't seen the film, it has got to wait